BOOKING PROCEDURE & CHARTER TIMELINE
While you can utilize this website for as much research as you like, a phone call or email to our USA booking office will put you in touch with us for expert assistance. We are happy to assist you with:
- Choosing the best yacht for your crew and desired dates
- Checking availability and providing detailed quotes
- Providing travel tips and advice on getting to our base
- Placing a complimentary 7-day “HOLD”
- Answering any additional questions you may have!
The booking office is located in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, USA. Hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, Central Standard Time. Please contact Karen Johnson or Didi Reynolds for assistance
Utilize our website for as much research as you like, a phone call or an email to our USA booking office will put you in touch with us for expert assistance.
Check our live fleet availability online. Updated daily by the Stateside bookings office.
Check out our travel tips on the different ways to arrive in the beautiful British Virgin Islands.
We will be looking for previous experience skippering similar-sized and type vessels.
We will email your charter confirmation within 24 hours of receiving your deposit and signed contract.
PLACING A HOLD
TMM Yacht Charters are one of the leading BVI charter companies and has been in business since 1978. Our aim has always been to stay small enough to offer personal service, but also to maintain a great fleet of yachts. Whether you want to sail a monohull or catamaran, booking a BVI charter has never been easier.
Once you have chosen your yacht and it is confirmed to be available, you will direct us to place a HOLD for you. No one else may book your yacht during the 7-day HOLD period. This is intended to give you time to confirm your crew, organize your flights, and make your final decision. Once the office has placed your HOLD, your dates will show as YELLOW on our online availability calendar. Your paperwork and instructions will be sent via email. At this time you will be asked to submit your sailing or boating resume for approval.
For resume approval, TMM will be looking for previous experience skippering similar-sized and type vessels. Boat ownership, prior charter experience, and marine certifications such as ASA and RYA are also taken into consideration. If you have not skippered a yacht similar to the one you are chartering, or have limited experience, we offer a Check-Out Skipper service. Our Check-Out Skipper will join you on Day 1 and stays on board until late afternoon, giving you extra practice and orientation on your yacht. There is an extra fee of $175.00 for this service.
CONFIRMING YOUR CHARTER
To confirm your charter we require the following within 7 days:
- Your up-to-date boating/sailing resume (disregard if hiring a full-time Skipper)
- 50% deposit of charter fee + expenses via check, VISA/MC, or wire (100% if less than 45 days prior to charter start);
- A signed TMM Contract
We will email your charter confirmation within 24 hours of receiving your deposit and signed contract. The final balance is due 45 days prior to your charter start. Email reminders are sent. We recommend that you purchase travel insurance at this time. For peace of mind it can be worth the cost, because even if all goes well with your health, time off, and transportation, sometimes the weather does not cooperate! We do not refund for weather-related delays or interruptions. We recommend Travel Insured International http://www.travelinsured.com.
CREW MANIFEST AND TRAVEL FORM
Prior to your start date, you will be asked to submit your crew manifest and travel form to the USA office. The crew manifest/travel form does double-duty as your taxi form.
CHARTER FEE AND MANDATORY EXPENSES
Our charter fees for each yacht are published on this website according to season, and are shown for 7 nights, noon-to-noon. Our pricing policy, last minute specials, and year-round discounts can be found on our Specials Offers page.
We also collect the following mandatory charges for each charter:
- Security Insurance (non-refundable) @$50/day, $500 maximum
- BVI Cruising Taxes @$6.00/person/day.
- BVI National Parks Permit @$25 – $75/week, depending on the number of passengers aboard
- VI Search and Rescue @$2.00/person donation to this non-profit rescue organization
- Cell Phone Rental @$10.00 flat fee.
- WIFI – No Charge
- Audio cable for boat stereo – no charge. Many boats in the fleet now offer bluetooth compatability.
- Refundable Security Deposit ($1000 US) payable on arrival with a pre-authorization of a valid credit card (we do not accept American Express)
Our charters do NOT include the following expenses and are the responsibility of the charterer: flights, BVI Environmental & Tourism levy, transportation to or from marina, departure taxes, mooring fees, provisions, beverages and gratuities.
The charterer may cancel a HOLD without penalty. Charterers may cancel a confirmed charter subject to the following:
- $300 cancellation fee if 90 days or more before charter start date
- 50% of the charter fee if 45-90 days before charter start date
- 100% of the charter fee if under 45 days before charter start date
Again, please feel free to contact our USA booking office for assistance. Hours are 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday, Central Standard Time.